We have all heard the saying, you want something just do it. Wow wouldn’t it be so easy if we could all just do it. Making changes in life can be hard. I don’t say this often, but I was blessed as a child to have an ever-changing environment. I was able to learn to adjust my lifestyle in a snap. With that said, I have been able to learn from my experience and I properly educated myself on human behavior and psychology. With my personal experience and education, I am able to help others make positive changes in their life.
Change is not as easy as just doing it. That is why a lot of the time most people do not stick with their New Year’s resolution. To properly make a change there needs to be a plan in place. A plan if there is success and a plan if there is a failure. Winston Churchill said it best, “He who fails to plan, is planning to fail.”
I am going to share with a way to help you reach your goal successfully.
1. Set a large goal. This can be something as big as gaining 10-12 lbs of lean mass in 5 months. Or lose 12-15 lbs of body fat in 3 months. This is what we are going to be ultimately working towards.
2. Set a small goal. This is something you will set for yourself to do every week. This goal can change. However, it should be noted that it should be relatable to your large goal.
3. Bumps and barriers. What is going to be something that may prevent you from reaching your goal? What are you going to do to overcome it or work around it?
4. Pothole in the road. Be prepared not to be perfect. You are not going to be completely perfect every day. With that said, don’t let it hold you back. You will need to be creative with this step. There are three things to keep in mind when planning this step, alternatives, support system, and what did you learn.
5. Cheers. When you have successful accomplished your small goal, how will you celebrate. This should be something that make you happy. Take time to enjoy the moment and enjoy a quiet cup of tea, go for a long drive jamming out to music, or maybe it is a tally mark on a sticky note on your mirror.
6. Victories. Now all of your small goals are accomplished which means your large goal is accomplished or pretty close. How do you celebrate this? Is it a massage, pedicure, or maybe a photo shoot that you worked so hard for?
Not all of these are going to work for everyone. These steps are helpful and flexible, find out what works for you. However, remember that you don’t just hike to the top of a mountain in one step. There are lots of small steps to get to the top. It is important to reflect on those steps to learn the best way for YOU to get to the top.
If you need help with reaching your goals and putting your plan in action, contact me to start a program that fits you.